Digital product delivery entails a few steps in order to set up your product correctly. If you are an internet marketer, you need to learn these steps so you can use them to promote your products on the Internet.
requires the use of a computer, an HTML editor, and an FTP program. When you have a digital product, here are the steps that you take to set it up so you can start selling it on the Internet:
1. Download your digital product folder on your desktop. Keep all your product files together in one folder. It is important to be organized.
2. Make sure you have a salespage, a download or thank you page, and a product that you are going to deliver. You will also have an images file.
3. Use an HTML editor and upload your salespage, and call it index.html. Your salespage is called index because that is always the page that will automatically open up in a directory. Make any edits that you need to make on your sales page.
4. Get an autoresponder service and create a list for your product. Create a web form for the list. Get the opt in code from the web form and install it in your sales page, using your HTML editor. The opt in code is where your subscribers will fill in their names and email addresses.
5. If you are selling the product, go to PayPal or another sales processor and create a code to link to your payment button and other text payment links. Link the button and text links to this code in your HTML editor.
6. Create a file for your digital product that you are going to deliver. If you are providing a salespage or squeeze page with the product so that your customers can resell the product, make sure you also insert the graphics, or images file, as well as these pages for them to edit, with your product. Zip up your product file to make it into a compressed file.
7. Edit your download page on your HTML editor. On the HTML editor create a download link on your download page for your digital product. Make sure your links work. Always test them.
8. Insert the name of your download page as the “confirmation page” in your autoresponder, so that people are taken to this page when they subscribe. This is what it would look like: [http://www.yourdomain.com/product-name/downloadpage]. (Don’t name it download page, name it something that people will not be able to guess, such as “downloadkdo30d938” so hackers cannot download your product for free).
9. Get a domain, where you are going to place your product. You can buy a domain from Hostgator, Hostmonster, or other providers. Activate the domain.
10. Go to your domain in your FTP program. Open up the domain and create a directory under a domain, such as [http://www.yourdomain.com/product-name].
11. Upload your files directly under the specified directory, making sure you follow the correct path. In other words, if you are going to name it “product-name” as shown above, make sure you insert all the files directly under the folder called “product-name”, not directly under the domain.
12. Test all your pages. Make sure your salespage takes you to your autoresponder when you submit an email address in the opt in form. Make sure that the autoresponder then sends you to the correct download page, or “confirmation page”. And again, test your link in the download page, and make sure it takes you to the delivery of the digital product.
These are basic steps that you will always use to deliver your digital product, so it is good to learn them. Make sure you follow these steps in order, so that you don’t get confused. Once you have set up your products a couple of times it gets easier. You will be able to set up the delivery of digital products in no time.